I do not believe in evil.
I think people do things
that do not serve their higher purpose...and that is what we consider
evil. When we get in the way of our own personal spiritual evolution
and start moving away from God/Good...that is what we consider evil.
When we send out negativity to others, to situations, to the world in
general, it comes right back at us. We cause our own consequences, very
directly. We create our own personal hells on earth when we do bad
things.
I also do not believe in hell.
I was
raised Catholic and taught about this concept of hell. Now that I have
grown past believing what others tell me to blindly, and am able to
formulate my own ideas...and critically assess many common assumptions
that I was brought up believing: One thing I don't get... If God loves
us unconditionally, how could He possibly banish any one of us to hell
for any reason? Is that Love? Is that unconditional?? That sounds
very conditional! I do not believe in hell, because I definitely do not
believe that any Divine entity could be so heartless.
Why do we do things that do not serve us? ...These "evil" things?
Hmm....
Is there an easy way to explain my belief about this without diving
right into the heart of my spirituality? Nope. :) In the beginning,
there was God, Divinity, The One. Then God decided that She wanted to
Know Her Self... How better to know something than to experience its
opposite? Summer would not exist without winter. No pleasure without
pain. Without its contrast in existence, something could not be
experienced. And so God split Him Self into many beings, countless
beings, and created a Universe for them to exist within...and TA DA!
Here we are! We have the Blessed, and sometimes bittersweet opportunity
to experience all there is to experience as the Collective we are!
Yes, this means we are often mean to each other. We hurt each other.
We kill each other. It is our chance to Know ourselves as the Divine
Beings we truly are...by experiencing this brutality we call Humanity.
Our
saving Grace is our growing Enlightenment. We are seeing that these
awful, hate-filled beings are NOT Who We Really Are! Many of us have
woken to the fact that compassion, unconditional Love and Peace are the
ways of the future, the ways of our True Divine Self, the ways of the
Force :) There are many very dark beings with which we share this
planet...but those who shine Brightly can light the way and create the
positive change I know we are capable of...
"Don't try to see how far the darkness stretches, just light your inner lamp."
1 September 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment